Skip to main content

Here we go...



Welcome!  I'm Meagan-wife to Kurt, mom of 4, LDS, Diet Coke lover, and have a BS in Political Science.  I've wanted to write for awhile now but am just getting up the courage to do it.  I have always enjoyed politics but have had it on the back burner since having children.  This last year, I have felt more of a pull to be more involved and educated about the state of our world and what's happening in it.  I don't even really know how I can format this-I have never done anything like this, but I am looking forward to learning as I go and sharing my thoughts with whoever wants to listen.  My goal is to make this an easy way for you to learn about how current events are shaping your world, and be a source of information that can hopefully be more objective than the current mainstream media.  I try to read and listen to both sides of conversation in order to make up my mind about issues and I want other people to look at both sides and make up their own mind as well.  The key, however, is to look at BOTH SIDES and not just one. Also, I recognize that a lot of issues right now are very touchy with people, but I know that talking about them is crucial to being able to move past the problems and work on solutions.  I love my community, and I love my country and so this is my feeble attempt at helping facilitate constructive discussion about issues we are facing.

 What issues do you wish you were informed about but know you are not? What issues do you think are important right now? Let me know!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Common Ground

I haven't blogged for months and am starting to feel myself get more anxious again about things on my mind. I hesitate to even write again as I know that it is really putting myself out there for people to criticize me, but if I can get even one person to look at another side of the story, then I feel like I should do it. I want to write all the time, but having a family and another job and everything else makes it hard for me to find the time. I'm going to try to find the time from now on though. Some weeks at least!  I know we're all way more excited about our TV shows, or books we're reading, but this is so important. Why don't we talk about real things anymore? Why is it taboo to discuss ideas? And why can't people have differing opinions without being ostracized for it? What in the world is going on? I'm feeling more and more like a fish out of water and I've been really struggling with it. My brain must just think very differently than anyo

Impeachment

Welp, it's been another year since I've written anything.  No worries though, if you know me personally, I'm sure you still know what I think about everything.  I have several topics on my mind, but thought I'd do an impeachment run down in case you were lucky enough to not have to watch or pay attention to it. It was quite an event! Quick Timeline: Trump had a phone call with the new President of Ukraine in July. After the phone call, a whistleblower reported that they felt the phone call was inappropriate. They reported that the President had urged Ukrainian President Zelensky to investigate the Biden's dealings in Ukraine and that he was withholding foreign aid until they publicly declared they were investigating the Bidens.  Here is a link to the declassified whistleblower complaint if you are interested in reading the whole thing-  whistleblower complaint   Trump released the transcript of the call in question-  July 25 Transcript The articles of impeach

South Africa

I haven't posted for awhile because I've been struggling with coming up with topics that are relevant and still interesting (tariffs are so boring).  I finally settled on my next topic and I hope it's enlightening to all of you! I have been hearing some troubling news out of South Africa and wanted to share what I know. The South African Parliament voted recently to take farmland away from white farmers without any compensation.  The measure passed overwhelmingly by a vote of 241-83.  The leader of the Economic Freedom Fighters party in South Africa, Julius Melema told his followers in 2016 that he was "not calling for the slaughter of white people-at least for now" Daily Mail  which, while I'm glad to hear it's not time yet, that statement is very concerning. The unrest in this country is coming to a head, and the new decision to seize land without compensation is only making things worse.   We haven't seen much about this in the news but we defin